Subject: Re: Can't boot -current
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@netbsd.warped.com>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@crux.del.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/17/1997 17:02:57
> > I've just built a -current (1.2C) kernel to boot my 3/60s.  However,
> > I'm unable to boot it because it gets trapped and displays either
> > error 10 (no child process) or 11 (resource deadlock).

> This sounds like the same problem I reported the other day...I'm still
> trying to figure out what the heck is happening. ;-)  Please let
> us know if you figure something out.

Imediately after sending this message, many other messages on this
problem arrived. :)

All the kernels I built were with DDB disabled, but from the PROM
monitor I was able to see that it was a bus error when trying to
run init.  The problem happens when booting both from HDs and from
the network.

Could this be a problem in compat_12 or any other compat_*?  Does
this problem happen to anyone run has always kept in pace with
-current?

I'm gonna get the latest sources from the tree.

---
	Pappires