Subject: Re: X11R6 diffs for Sun3 port
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@shimada.nuee.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/16/1997 16:04:35
In message <199702151056.FAA10260@Twig.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
you der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> wrote:

 |> But I'm wondering how can imake detect `Sun3Architecture' in
 |> Imake.tmpl.  On NetBSD/sun3, gcc only defines `m68k', `mc68020' and
 |> so on but it does not define `sun3'.
 |
 |I didn't patch Imake.tmpl; here's the entirety of my patches to
 |Imake.cf (this is the only place I define Sun3Architecture).

Sorry, I mistook. Not Imake.tmpl but Imake.cf.

 |% diff config/cf/Imake.cf.original config/cf/Imake.cf
 |    67a68,71
 |    > # if defined(__sun3__) || defined(sun3)
 |    > #  define Sun3Architecture
 |    > #  undef sun3
 |    > # endif

Is this really work? I think imake (or gcc) does not
pre-define `sun3' nor `__sun3__'.
Gcc also cannot detect `sun3' in xc/config/imake/imakemdep.h.
(should use sys/param.h?)

 |Incidentally, is it really appropriate to try to do XFree86 for non-x86
 |machines?  It doesn't make any sense to me.

I want to share the source tree and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 directory
among all machines :-)
And there are some fixes of non x86-dependent part
(like NetBSD.cf etc.) in XFree86.
(BTW, it seems that there is NetBSD/amiga's Xserver in XFree86...)

XFree86 is newer than original X11, I suppose ;-)

---
Izumi Tsutsui	Nagoya University, JAPAN
tsutsui@shimada.nuee.nagoya-u.ac.jp