Subject: 4+4+4=10?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/12/1997 09:44:59
Hi List,

I have a SUN 3/150 with 8megs of memory (4megs on the processor and 4megs on
one 501-1132), I am trying to install another 4meg memory
board(501-1132)into the card cage to give me a total of 12 megs and when I
set the dip switches to the settings called out in the hardware referance by
James Birdsal NetBSD says I have a total of 10megs and then says it is
testing 8megs when the systems starts. I would be interested to see what
others have used as far as dip switch settings if they differ or are the
same as what follows:

        Third Memory Card 501-1132 (address 0x00800000, 9th thru 12th meg):
        U3119   set @ #4
        U3118   set @ #5
        J3102   closed
        J3101   open
        Backplane jumpers are all closed for this slot

I have experimented with several settings for U3119 and U3118 other than
what is called out in the referance with no success.

Rick GC