Subject: Re: out of band question
From: Wonko the Sane @ ~ <wonko@rtfm.wonko.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/11/1997 21:32:49
behind brown eyes drunkenly mumbled...

> SunOS 4.0.3, shipped as a patch/upgrade to 4.0.

thanks

> Ummm, wow. That's a toughie. Is it a _real_ Sun-1, or is it a Sun-1 upgraded
> with a Sun-2 CPU card? An upgrade Sun-1 should be able to run at least 3.5,
> if not 4.0.3. A genuine Sun-1 may not be able to run anything newer than the
> port of v7 unix Sun originally shipped.

as far as i know it's a true to form 1/100U, i'm not 100% sure since i won't
have it in my hands till this weekend.

> Also ake a look at the Usenet/Internet Sun hardware guide at
> http://www.picarefy.com.

ok, i had an incomplete copy of that, to answer my own question it's SunOS 1.x
they originally ran Unisoft V7 Unix, but non-68000 can run SunOS 1.x

ok, now an even harder question... where do i find SunOS 4.0.3 and 1.x??

-wonko

ps: quick response!!  my original message hasn't even made it back yet!!