Subject: Miniroot install question
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/01/1997 21:59:05
Hi List,

Here is a question for all you lucky souls that have installed the
installation sets successfully and have seen this question and figured out
the proper answer.

>From the miniroot:

Install from (f)tp, (t)ape, (c)d-rom, (n)fs or local (d)isk? t(my answer)

system responds:

The installation program needs to know which tape device to use. Make sure
you use a "no rewind on close" device. (whats that no rewind on close about?)

name of tape device [] st0 (my answer)

system responds:

/dev/st0 does not exit or is not a character special file.
aborting.

extract more sets?

Well the /dev/st0 does exit since I used it to get this far and the
installation tape is in the drive.

Rick GC

"The bigger the iron the bigger the thrill"