Subject: Re: Wanted: Optical Mouse Pads
To: Travis Hassloch x231 <travis@EvTech.com>
From: Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/01/1997 15:37:11
Travis Hassloch x231 wrote:

 > I have a couple of Sun3/60's which aren't nearly as usable as they
 > could be because I don't have mouse pads.  I'd love to hear from
 > some kind-hearted soul who has spares.

Radio Shack used to sell the PC version of the 3/60's mouse.  I used
this to my advantage a year or two ago when I was in exactly the
same predicament as you:  I walked on in and ordered the mouse pad
as a spare part.

Cost me $10, but that's cheaper than the $300 or so that Sun wanted
for a new keyboard :-)

Type-4 and Type-5 keyboards and mouses will work on 3/60's with the
right adaptor plug, too:  They have the same signals, just coming out
on a different connector.  The adaptors cost some unearthly amount
from Sun, but can be made for about $5 with a DB-15, mini-DIN,
10 centimeters of cable and 3/60 and SPARCstation manuals.

    - mark

I tried an internal modem,                          newton@dotat.org
     but it hurt when I walked.                          Mark Newton
----- Voice: +61-4-1155-2401 ------------- Fax: +61-8-83732527 -----