Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2B
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/27/1996 09:44:44
   I have supped approximately three times since NetBSD 1.2 was released.

   Current system state:

   Everything builds except fsdb and bootxx.

   fsbd - has problems with utilities.c and futils.c - multiple declarations.

I hadn't noticed this one...

   bootxx - looking for vprintf.

I believe that this should be something like kvprintf [in
.../sun3/stand/libsa/panic.c].  I have not tried the boot, yet.... So
I am unsure if they work.

   At the moment my 3/60 is 1.2B for all of userland.  I can boot with a
   stock 1.2 kernel, but I can't do a clean shutdown with either a stock
   1.2 kernel or a 1.2B kernel.  I can't do a clean boot with the 1.2B
   kernel and it quits with the error: can't mount root.

The only think I'v noticed is the bit about the 'reboot' call becoming
a "normal" system call.  This will cause problems when trying to use a
new reboot or halt binary with an older kernel.  Other then that, the
'make build' was fairly uneventful.

   Perhaps there is a mount/umount problem?
   --
   Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
		   http://tencats.rmkhome.com

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org