Subject: 1.2 kernel dieing
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry W Miller <mill0440@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/19/1996 17:27:36
I'm netbooting a sun 3/60 from a linux box, and the netbsd-gen kernel is
dieing at a repeatable point in the boot process.  I have a cg4
framebuffer in this machine, but there is no monitor or keybaord
attacthed, I'm using port a as my console.

em0 at mainbus0
cgfour0 at obmem0 addr 0xff200000 (115

At this point everything stops.  pressing enter brings up a db> prompt.
I assume I'm already in teh bugger.  On a cold start the last few 0's of
the memory address will be garbage, if I press c and the db prompt it
reboots, and gets to the (  then there is 3-4 charters of random garbage.

I should also mention that if another machine trys to ping this box
exactly one ping is responded to before it dies.  If two machines are
painging it (one ping/second) generaly only one gets a response, rarely
both get a single reply.

If I use the netbsd-rd kernel I get a ssh> prompt, and it seems to wrok,
but this isn't useful for netbooting.

Any ideas?  I'm willing to run a different kernel, so long as it is
stable enough to run a xserver.