Subject: Re: GENERIC weirdness...
To: None <seebs@solon.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/18/1996 11:33:12
> Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 11:47:49 -0600 (CST)
> From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
>
> I discovered that a GENERIC kernel would always somehow leap to the
> conclusion that root and swap were on sd1{a,b}, which was not right.
> In fact, sd1 wasn't configured.  I tried setting the kernel to configure
> only the disk I have, as sd0, (no sd* configure), and it *still* couldn't
> find the root device, so I removed options GENERIC and configured netbsd
> on sd0a; this works, but seems overkill.
>
> -s

Yeah, that's an item on my todo list.

The current config makes sd[0-3]* match the traditional SunOS
devices by those names (t0d0, t0d1, t1d0, t1d1) which is a hack.

What swapgeneric.c should do instead is use the dk_establish()
hook to record the relationship between the sd?? device assigned
by the SCSI driver and the PROM description of that device.

Gordon