Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 problems
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/20/1996 01:06:27
Gordon W. Ross said:

>Thare were later binaries released just after 1.1 to fix this.
>Those have since been removed to make room for 1.2 Beta.
>
>In short, grab a later version from:
>ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/*

I grabbed the 1.2 beta kernel and the rest of the tarred binaries.  The
NetBSD 1.2 beta kernel fixes the problem.  Now I just have to manually
install the rest of the binaries and untar the -current sources.

Another minor question.  When I bring up X11R6, xconsole comes up with
the message "can't open console".

The device is:

crw--w--w-  1 root  wheel    0,   0 Sep 20 00:36 /dev/console

I notice that XFree86 on my intel NetBSD boxes has the server setuid root
while X11R6 on both NetBSD/sun3 and SunOS 4.1.1 do not.  X11R6 runs fine
and Xconsole run fine on my 3/80.

It doesn't seem to matter if the X server is setuid or not.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com