Subject: Keyboard lights under X ?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A.Arnold <arnold@zam331.zam.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/18/1996 12:19:22
I just was able to swap the type-3 keyboard of my 3/60 against a type-4
keyboard with lock indicators.  However, the X server doesn't seem to use the
keyboard's LED's: Caps Lock stays dark instead of toggling :-(

An 'xset q' reports a constant LED mask of 0xffffffff, so I suspect the
X server has no support for keyboard LEDs.  The same works with SunOS 4.1.1
and the xnews server.  Is there a way to enable the keyboard LED support or
do I have to build my own server (I'm currently using the server from the
X11R6 binary distribution) ?

Alfred Arnold

Alfred Arnold                                 Phone: +49 (2461) 61-2434
Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik    Fax  : +49 (2461) 61-6656
Forschungszentrum Juelich                     E-Mail: a.arnold@kfa-juelich.de
D-52425 Juelich, Germany

"One has to look out for engineers - they began with sewing machines and
ended up with the atomic bomb" - Marcel Pagnol, Critique des critiques