Subject: xy7053 & dma? (1.2_BETA)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: P Kern <pkern@utcc.utoronto.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/11/1996 17:40:44
Hello.  I've just installed 1.2_BETA on a 3/280.
The 3/280 has a SCSI boot disk. It also has an SMD disk via a 7053 ctlr.
The SMD disk seems to work ok during fsck's or when just lightly poking
around, but whenever I try to do some serious activity (eg. disk-to-disk
copying), the following types of messages show up on the console:

	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e7e6000/400
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e8d2000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e8b2000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e766000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e84e000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e736000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e7be000/2000
	si_dma_alloc: can't remap e7ee000/2000
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space
	xdc0: warning: out of DVMA space

The target data on the SMD disk seems to be okay (according to cmp(1)).

Have these types of messages been seen before?
Are they just left-over debugging messages
or is this something more serious?

Thanks in advance.

PS.  These messages also showed up under NetBSD 1.1.
I kinda hoped that it had been fixed in NetBSD 1.2.