Subject: Re: Re[2]: NetBSD and Sun OS 4.0.2
To: Kelly BAUMAN <Kelly.Bauman@ccmail.adp.wisc.edu>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@phoenix.del.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/28/1996 21:16:54
Hello, all.

>      To elaborate on the type of problems that we are experiencing,
>      netstat will take about 1/2 hour to an hour to complete for about 10
>      machines and one router.  TCP/IP sessions to our Sun DNS box always
>      fail, even though a route exists in the netstat.  However, it will
>      succeed to Linux, WinNT, and Win95 inside our sub-net.

I don't understand your problem.  What are the connections that don't
work and what are those that do?

Here, we have TCP/IP over many different systems (2 Netware servers,
about 60 PC workstations, one FreeBSD i486 (our primary nameserver),
one NetBSD i486 (secondary nameserver) two Sun 3/60 running NetBSD 1.2
beta, and four IBM Risc/6000 running AIX, distributed among four
different subnets with no problems.

Perhaps, there is some configuration fault in nameserver resolution
in your NetBSD setup.

---
	Pappires