Subject: archives from ftp.netbsd.org (fixed)
To: None <a.arnold@kfa-juelich.de>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/19/1996 19:12:01
> From: "A.Arnold" <arnold@zam331.zam.kfa-juelich.de>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:50:26 +0200
>
> Today, I downloaded the NetBSD-current binaries from ftp.netbsd.org,
> directory pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/binary.  However, I get CRC errors
> when I try to unzip them.  I downloaded them twice, I downloaded
> them also from a different site that mirrors them, but no help :-(
> (I checked that I didn't forget the 'binary'!).
>
> Could it be that the files are somehow corrupted?  (I heard there
> recently was a big power brownout in the USA ;-)
>
> Alfred Arnold

My sincere apologies for that mess...  I forgot to set "binary" mode
when I uploaded those files, and then I didn't get time to correct
them until I returned from vacation yesterday.  So sorry...

There is now a correct set of binaries on ftp.netbsd.org in:
	/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/binary

Here is the CKSUMS file for the above:

2483738093 7607172 base.tar.gz
3978996260 5351365 comp.tar.gz
4055878446 67971 etc.tar.gz
1238330318 2849624 games.tar.gz
2999987169 896252 man.tar.gz
506893037 1900400 misc.tar.gz
3335945002 778183 text.tar.gz

I'm still working on getting the rest done (kernels, miniroot, ...)

Gordon