Subject: almost got my 3/60 netbooted
To: port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry MIller <mill0440@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/16/1996 17:37:18
I get so far as root nfs mounted, and the kernel loaded.
I get a line (related to booting) some#+###+###  type thing
then

Starting program at 0x4000  #so far so good)
Console on kd0(keyboard/display)

And then nothing.

I think the problem is I don't yet have a keyboard/monitor hooked up,
I have the switch in diag mode, and a serial console connected to
ttya.  It appears to me that the kernel trys to use the cg4/keyboard
not realising that there is nothign attached to those ports.  (yet,
I'll be getting something for that when I get booted)  However I
don't know enough about getty to configure it, and I realise that I
may be mis dianosing this.

I'm using the 1.2e netboot, and 1.1 kernel.  for teh kernel I've
tried netbsd-gen and netbsd-rd, and get the same results.