Subject: gatewaying in kernel rebuilds?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Elijah Wright <ewright@multipro.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/21/1996 23:15:44
Well, I finally have my machines at a state where I can build kernels and
such.  Now, I need to enable gatewaying for the Win95 box across the room.
I recompiled the kernel after making a new config with the following procedure:

cp GENERIC ELIJAH
added options GATEWAY to ELIJAH
config ELIJAH
cd to ELIJAH compile dir
make (whatever I typed.. maybe _nothing worked?)  prob. just make.

This produced a kernel that boots just fine.  HOWEVER--- Gatewaying still
doesn't work at all, from either Win95 or Linux machines.  =(  Does anyone
have any ideas?  I'd like to see a config that someone else runs...  I need
it to have cg4 and gateway support, at a  minimum.  I'd be more than willing
to build kernels for folks that are really desperate, as  a matter of fact.
Perfectly willing to upload the resulting kernel to whereever for public
consumption.  =)  Alternatively, is there a way to see what devices are
configured into the kernel for sure?  dmesg doesn't appear to tell much;
same as the boot messages.  I want to be able to see for sure if gatewaying
is compiled in or not.

Elijah