Subject: Re: Sun 3 xdm
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@phoenix.sfsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/20/1996 14:13:30
On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:

> > I believe you can create a .xsession file in your home directory.
> >
> > Here is an example:
> >
> > xclock -geometry 86x78-4+805 &
> > xterm -geometry 80x60+0+0 -name login &
> > xterm -geometry 80x24+522-176 &
> > xterm -geometry 80x24+522+0 &
> > xconsole -geometry 399x69+524+737 &
> > ctwm
> >
> > Any errors should be logged to ~/.xsession-errors
>
> Thanks a lot.  That will help setting it up but I will have to
> create this file on every user's home dir, won't I?
>
> Is there any other more global approach?

Something is wrong with the way you have xdm setup. I have a file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession that you can use to make global
changes. I'll make a tar file of my xdm directory and place it
on ftp://phoenix.sfsu.edu/misc

Here is the relevant portion of it:

startup=$HOME/.xsession
resources=$HOME/.Xresources