Subject: Sun 3 xdm
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/20/1996 02:24:15
Hello, All.

I want to use xdm to automatically load X11R6 every time my 3/60
boots.  This is not a problem, but xdm default behaviour is to
load the X-server and one xterm session with no window manager.

I tried to copy the config files from standard XFree86 distribution
but Sun 3 xdm keeps overwriting the directory that I create with
them (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/) with a single binary file with the
same name.

What would I have to do in order to have xdm to automatically open
the X-server with a background xterm and xconsole and exec'ing
a window manager like twm or fvwm?

Thanks in advance,
	Pappires