Subject: rpc.bootparamd needed; can't get it to compile anymore. =(
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Elijah Wright <ewright@multipro.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/16/1996 16:22:25
As the subject line says, I can no longer get rpc.bootparamd to compile on
the Linux box that is acting as the server.  (yeah, linux, but the CD-ROM in
it isn't supported in NetBSD or I'd go heterogenous...)  So, does anyone out
there have any advice or a precompiled copy of it? (for Linux, natch.  a.out
or ELF formats are acceptable)  The program compiles, but doesn't work right.
Target machine is a 3/60C-G with cg4 , FPU, and 8 megs, so it should work,
right?  It also fails to talk to a 3/50M.  I have the source, but it doesn't
work anymore for some reason.  =(  I've tried both the source that comes
with Xkernel and a copy from another web page.

Hopefully, once I get this up I'll be able to put it (NetBSD) on the disk
and use a sun3 to serve sun3s.....  That should make this easier, no??  =)

Elijah
ewright@multipro.com