Subject: Booting a Sun3 via network
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Graff <phlat@netime.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/02/1996 07:48:02
Hey gang I have heard it from good sources that there is a way to get a
sun3 to boot using linux as the server.

I'm in the process of doing this and i'm having the problem as follows:

Rarp support is compiled and working.  Machine resolve's it's IP from
RARP messages.  Next attempts to tftp load the kernel and gives
problems.  Using a "packet sniffer" I found the following request
messages being sent back and forth:

The machine's IP is 44.250.250.2

Sun 3 > Linux PC:  RRQ "2CFAFA02"

Linux PC > Sun 3:  "Access violation"

I have manually tried to use tftp to retrieve this kernel and have
gotton Error 2:  Access violation if I just issue the command
get 2CFAFA02.  If I change the command to get /tftpboot/2CFAFA02 I get
the kernel...

Any help past this stumbling block would be greatly appreciated.

--Dave
phlat@netime.com