Subject: SYSV shared memory on NetBSD/Sun3
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A.Arnold <arnold@zam331.zam.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/31/1996 10:45:03
Yesterday, I tried to compile a program on my Sun3/60 (NetBSB 1.1 kernel)
that uses the System V shared memory facilities (shmget, shmat,...).  The
program compiled and linked without problems, but at runtime, I got a core
dump and the message "invalid system call".  Is it possible that SHM support
is principally there, but not configured in the standard kernel os NetBSD/Sun3
?

Alfred Arnold

Alfred Arnold                                 Phone: +49 (2461) 61-2434
Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik    Fax  : +49 (2461) 61-6656
Forschungszentrum Juelich                     E-Mail: a.arnold@kfa-juelich.de
D-52425 Juelich, Germany

Hi, I'm not a signature virus. Why don't you just copy me into your signature?