Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD or XKernel to a Diskless Sun3 w/4mb
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jeff Rhyason <jeffr@agt.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/27/1996 18:55:32
> I think there is some funny export option you need to allow the
> client's mountd request for the swapfile to be accepted (because
> the Linux implementation assumes only directories are allowed in
> requests to the mount daemon -- bzzzzt! wrong).

I have done a bit more testing, and the problem seems to have solved
itself...  However!

Whenever the swapfile is not 0 bytes long, getty causes a
segmentation fault and dumps core, making it rather difficult to use
the console to log in (telnetting is OK, of course).  After running
a good number of things, I did a "strings" on the swapfile and it had
data in it, which is good.  It looks like getty is the only thing to
not run (I haven't checked extensively though).

Any ideas?  I can set it up so people can telnet in and take a look
around if they want to, I would really appreciate learning why this
is happening, it's unlike anything I've seen before and I'm stumped!

	Thanks!!

	Jeff