Subject: Re: Why don't we have 'options GATEWAY' in GENERIC?
To: None <sellis@rohan.sdsu.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/24/1996 14:38:56
> From: Virtually Here <sellis@rohan.sdsu.edu>
> Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 13:48:30 -0700 (PDT)

[ kernels since 1.1B crash when they try to autoconfig the cgfour? ]

> I looked into it a small bit (actually, I played with the debugger
> while somebody who knows 68k asm real well told me where I was in the C
> code!), and it looks like subt_autoconf.c is the problem, specifically
> config_search() where it's looping on 'p' (which is pv[] in ioconf.c).

I have seen the kernel crash in the autoconfig code either the
config program or header files were out of date.

Last evening I tested the NetBSD/sun3 (current) on a 3/60 with cg4
and everything worked as expected; autoconfig found it, and X works.

I suggest making sure all your sources are up-do-date, and
make sure config has been rebuild and rerun...

Gordon