Subject: netboot
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: martin muggli <mmuggli@nyx.nyx.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/23/1996 18:50:15
Hi,

	I have a linux machine set up to do a netboot and install of
netbsd for a sun3/50 w/ ROM Rev 2.6.  A few days ago I d/l a 15k version
of netboot from this site.  When booting this version the sun found its
address, tftp'ed the 15k netboot, and then started searching for it's
IP.  Now there is a 13k version of netboot which I just tried.  This
version drops into the ROM monitor and reports "Exception 2C at
002400E6".  I know the sun and my linux setup are Okay because I
regualarly use seth robertson's Xkernel release.  It seems to be an
incompatibility between sun3/50 and the netboot program or something
along those lines.  Just for kicks I tried the tapeboot program which
excited to ROM monitor with exactly the same message.  Both times the
sun was col booted.