Subject: shared library woes
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/20/1996 19:07:56
  I just set up my friend's system with NetBSD/sun3. He has 4Mb of ram
(loaned from me) in the box. We were having problems with 6 byte
commands, or so we thought: we tried SunOS, and it then had problems
writing the "backup disk label", the error was a non-media error. We
did a format to see what was going on, and finally discovered that the
geometry was wrong: it was 640Mb unformatted capacity, and finally
noticed that NetBSD was showing 82 sectors/track rather than 89 as
reported at other times... [if this sounds strange, I agree]

  Anyway, I tried to start xdm on his system: startx worked after I
made /dev/bwtwo0.
  I get errors from ld.so: it can not find
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.0, but it does exist, and xdm *did* work
before, just after I ran startx. (The default does not have ^R set to
exit, so I had to L1-A)

  I'm wondering if having less physical memory will cause the shared
library bug to occur more often?

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca. PGP key available.