Subject: Re: How stable is NetBSD on a sun3?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/20/1996 12:05:29
    On Mon, 20 May 1996, Kees Jan Koster wrote:
    Kess> 	Should be pretty stable on a 3/60 - the only
    Kess> outstanding problem 	I know about is that sometimes, on
    Kess> some machines something seems 	to cause problems with
    Kess> the shared libraries in core, needing a 	reboot to
    Kess> clear. (And if that seems vague, thats because the
    Kess> problem is vague :) NetBSD is also likes a little more

  I've noticed a good way to tickle this is to do a bunch of compiles
from within XEmacs 19.
  Anyone have any notions on how to proceed on debugging this? Top of
my list is to recompile getty statically so that I can login and do a
nice shutdown. Same as su...

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca. PGP key available.