Subject: Re: Getting it to work on Sun 3x (esp 3/80)
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/14/1996 23:13:22
On Tue, 14 May 1996 22:06:39 -0500
 VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com> wrote:

 > I may be inheriting one of these beasties; what are the issues
 > in getting it to run on a 3/80?

The biggest one is the fact that the sun3x uses a 68030 and Motorola MMU,
not the Sun MMU.  This means that it will use a pmap/pmap_bootstrap
similar to the hp300/amiga/atari, etc.  Also, it uses the same SCSI as
the sparcstation, I believe ... not really a problem, but it's just
different...the memory management stuff is the biggest, I think.

----save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/----