Subject: MEMORY ERROR
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.ping.apana.org.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/09/1996 00:11:06
Hi all,

I've got the SUN3 to boot from my server diskless up to the point
where it tries to load X-Windows.

The first error message is that it can't find the PEXExtention default
font Roman_M

After this it comes up with the usual grey background and the mouse
pointer of X-Windows. The pointer moves over the screen mouse is
moved.

After a little while the SUN returns to the ROM screen with the
following message:

Memory Error Register d2<INTR,INTENA,CHECK,ERR08> d2<INTR,INTENA,CE_ENA,UE>
DVMA = 0, context = 0, virtual address = e01e538
pme = a300000f, physical address = 1e538
panic: unknow memory error
syncing file systems... done
00068 low-memory static kernel pages
00031 additional static and sysmap kernel pages
00000 dynamic kernel data pages
00003 additional user structure pages
00000 segmap kernel pages
00000 segvn kernel pages
00000 current user process pages
00003 user stack pages
00105 total pages (105 chunks)

dumping to vp f05c624, offset 29472
0 total pages, dump failed: error 19
rebooting

MEMORY ERROR! Status D2, DVMA-BIT 0, Context 0
 Vaddr: E027638, Paddr: 00001638, Type 0 at 0x0FEF4020

What does this all mean? I am so close....

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
E-Mail	: wulf@hotdog.apana.org.au