Subject: Re: bash 1.14.6...
To: port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG, David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>
From: LANCE TOST <ltost@erols.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/08/1996 12:08:24
I got the following reply.. which didn't help.  The NFS server is running
linux 1.2.13 if that counts.  nfsd and mountd are version 2.0 which came
with the Linux-Xkernel package.. aparently they were modified to talk to
Suns... Before i ran these versions of nfsd and mountd, i could mount but
couldn't access at all..even as root.

I also noticed in the docs for nfsd/mountd it says i should mount with
these options: options rsize=1024,wsize=1024 ... or their equivelents..
so i tried -r 1024 -w 1024.. still same problem.  I've noticed that even
as root i can't write to the the nfs mounted filesystem.  Yes,
/etc/exports onthe server states (rw) access.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

ltost@erols.com
http://www.pobox.com/~ltost