Subject: bash 1.14.6...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: LANCE TOST <ltost@erols.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/07/1996 13:21:36
Hi everyone... i've just compiled bash 1.14.6 and it seemed to work
fine.. until i made it my default shell.  I installed it in
/usr/local/bin... Also, my /home dir is NFS mounted from a linux box
running nfsd 2.0.. Here's what happens..

login here
---------------
Welcome to NetBSD!

shell-init: could not get current directory: Permission denied
bash$ pwd
pwd: could not get current directory: Permission denied
bash$ ls
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: Permission denied
INSTALL.txt             mail                    tmp
Mail                    memory                  tv.forsale
News                    public_html             userlist

As you can see, the directory is there.  Even if i su to root at this
time, it complains "Permission Denied".. could it be an fns problem?
(er, nfs)... or maybe bash is throeing me into a nonexistent directory?

Thanks

ltost@erols.com
http://www.pobox.com/~ltost