Subject: Re: DIN plugs
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig P. Forbes <craig@mccabe.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/07/1996 12:08:59
On 5/2/1996 (10:37:57 EDT), Gordon W. Ross wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 15:01:41 -0700
> > From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
>
> > Does anyone know of any electronics part supply stores that have the
> > DIN plug that type4-above-keyboards use?
> >
> > I'd like to build a type3 to type4 convertor. :)
> >
> > (A SPARC _should_ talk to a type3, as far as I know, and the wiring is all
> > in the hardware FAQ...)
>
> You can just buy a cable like that, you know. One source is
> NuData.  They're in Little Silver, NJ.  Phone 908-842-5757

You could do what I did.  Buy a Mac printer cable (same 8-pin DIN as
the sun keyboard) and cut off one end (got mine at CompUSA).  Solder a
DB 15 in place of the end you just cut off.  This is a bit more
expensive then putting a cable together from scratch but cheaper than
buying a pre-made cable, but you do get a nice molded DIN connector.

Good luck,

Craig
--
Craig P. Forbes                      McCabe & Associates
                                     5501 Twin Knolls Road, Suite 111