Subject: panic - pagemove 1
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Malcolm Butler <malb@bellman.apana.org.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/05/1996 21:08:09
Hi,

I'm trying to get NetBSD 1.1 to install on a 3/60.  I've managed to
load a miniroot and run the install program to load the rest of the
system, but when I boot the newly installed system, I get the message

panic: pagemove 1

just after the root/swap/dump devices are listed, and it
unceremoniously dumps me into the debugger.

The system currently is running sunos just fine, so I have no direct
reason to suspect a hardware problem.

What does this message mean, and what can I do about?  Alternatively,
what tests can I do to find out more about what is happening?

thank you for your collective assistance,

--
Malcolm Butler               malb@bellman.apana.org.au