Subject: Re: general sun3 question about scsi
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: LANCE TOST <ltost@erols.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/04/1996 03:54:24
Thanks to everyone that replied.. especially those of you who gave me
wiring schemes and pin-outs... i ended up spending the last two nights
rewiring my scsi connector :)  And it works!  Well, sorta... it (netbsd)
recognizes the drive during boot... and i'm trying to follow the
directions in INSTALL.txt... doesn't seem to be working..

i tried to dd miniroot to /dev/rsd0b... no such device..
so i used /dev/rsd0c... it worked... so i tried booting 'b
sd(0,0,2)netbsd -s (yes, it's SCSI id 0)... anyway.. it compains about no
label found ??? and then just fails to boot.  Should i be doing something
with edlabel before i try booting from the disk?  The INSTALL.txt doesn't
mention it, but the .welcome does.. (BTW, i'm installing via nfs)

Thanks... now i need sleep (ack! 4 AM!)

ltost@erols.com
http://www.pobox.com/~ltost