Subject: 3/50 + disk
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trent McNair <trent@rmci.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/03/1996 08:50:55
A while back I attempted to install 1.1 on my scsi drive but the
installation would corrupt my drive unless I set si_options 0.  I
recently got a new drive (st1239n) and tried again to set things up (with
the new patch). Again I corrupted my drive and had to use sunos to format it.
It does work with si_options 0 but it is really slow.

My question is this - Is this a problem specific to the 3/50 (prom 2.3,
in my case)????  I would _really_ like to have NetBSD on this machine
rather than sunos 4.1 that I'm currently running.

Also the new netboot does not work on my machine (I am netbooting from
linux 1.2.8).

Thanks

-Trent McNair
trent@rmci.net