Subject: LKM?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan J Williams <nathanw@mit.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/01/1996 19:19:47
	Does -current on the sun3 support loadable kernel modules
(LKM)? After building a kernel with 'options LKM', I noticed that
MAKEDEV doesn't seem to know about the /dev/lkm device. Trying to
track down the device numbers, I started looking in
src/sys/arch/sun3/sun3/conf.c, which starts to look like the LKM code
isn't actually arranged to work:

	cdev_notdef(),			/* 57: (vd) Loadable Module control */

	Compared to, say, the i386 conf.c, there is a cdev_lkm_init()
missing, as well as lots of LKM dummy devices. I think this is wrong,
but I'm not at all sure what the "right" code would be. Can someone
who has worked on or used LKM code give me a hand?

	- Nathan	<nathanw@mit.edu>