Subject: Sun 3/2xx and shoebox?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Casey Jones <sjones@nvl.army.mil>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/01/1996 10:53:50
Hello,

	I tried several times last night to install NetBSD on my Sun 3/2xx
with no luck.  I have a shoebox with the standard tape and Micro. 600M+
drive, which is ESDI converted to SCSI.  It boots the NetBSD tape, but when
I try to load the miniroot it says no data found on the tape, so I tried to
install it using the rsh server, and got some error (sorry don't remember
now).  Also, I did an mt stat on the tape and it failed to recognize the
tape drive type.  Is this problem fixable, perhaps and updated boot image?
Anyone, seen this before? Any sugesstions?  The rsh server is a Linux box
that's connected to the Sun via ethernet.

Thanks,
Steven C Jones
Systems Adminstrator

Night Vision & Electronic Sensors Directorate	(AMSEL-RD-NV-TSD)
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5806
Phone: 4-1616		Fax: 4-1705

For my PGP public key, finger: sjones@nvl.army.mil