Subject: Re: Carrera CPUs in Pizzabox Cases?
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/26/1996 13:18:41
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Gordon W. Ross wrote:

> I'm not sure if the memory bus (on the P2 connector) will be happy,
> and it might bake itself with only the wimpy fan in the 3/50 chasis.
> I wouldn't do it unless you are willing to risk damaging it...

So the only risk is overheating, not being electrically fried? If so,
I think it's worth the risk, since I've got two of these, and they're
probably just going to sit there and be useless otherwise.

If I do buy this 280 I'm going to look at today, is it possible to
`isolate' a slot on it so that this board can pick up power from the
chassis but otherwise run standalone?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.