Subject: Re: MMU trap panic? Weird coincidences continue
To: Brett Glass <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/25/1996 12:35:08
> From: Brett Glass <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
> To: Jari Kokko <jkokko@snakemail.hut.fi>, port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: MMU trap panic? Weird coincidences continue
>
> Sounds like you're getting all the errors and bugs I got. Especially with
> serial ports....

Gwr just mentioned that a bug in PPP that could cause that sort of
thing had been fixed recently. I can bang on my machine quite hard,
but so far I've only ever had the crash (and I had it about six
times yesterday) when I've got pppd running and I'm doing a sup.

Actually, gwr didn't mention whether the bug was in pppd or in the
kernel. At any rate, I'm busy upgrading to -current, and I should
be able to try out the latest system in a couple of days.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.