Subject: Re: 12Mb on 3/60
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@gateway.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/23/1996 22:02:00
On Sat, 23 Mar 1996, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   I decided to swap motherboards (recall my problems with memory
> faults, always the same physical address regardless of which SIMM is
> where). I had 12Mb of ram waiting to go into my machine. I put it into
> my friends' motherboard (which had no ram either), set the jumpers and
> plugged it into my case.
>
>   I got a kernel panic. MMU fault trap.

Actually, I've gotten two similar traps since I upgraded to gwr's
1.1A #46 kernel. (It fixed my disk problems, though.) What's changed
in this area recently?

I'm now supping the latest kernel sources, and will be running
NetBSD-current on my home machine. If there's anything I can do to
help with debugging, let me know. I've even dug out an old book on
68000 assembler. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.