Subject: 3/160 hardware ID's?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/23/1996 23:22:59
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> writes:

Peter> Can anyone point me at a list of part #'s so I can find out
Peter> what these boards are?  My current guesses:

Peter> The one with the 68020 is a motherboard.  No idea how to tell
Peter> how much memory, apart from "boot it and see".

	If it's a 160, and there is about 1/4 of the board having a
regular array of chips, then this board has 4 meg of memory on it.

Peter> The one with nothing but chips is a memory card.

	Reasonable.  These have either 4 or 8 meg of memory.  A full
board of 256 k chips is 8 meg.  I have not looked at a 4 meg board
recently.

Peter> The one with ports labeled "1/2 inch tape" is some kind of disk
Peter> driver.

	May be only a tape driver.  There was a 'special' type of tape
interface at the time this machine was built.

Peter> The other one is beyond me entirely.

	This may be SCSI.  Is it in slot 6 (or is that 7)?  Open up
the front.  One of the VME connecters pokes through the backplane.
There may be a cable connected to this.  That would be a SCSI cable.
The Sun SCSI for these machines has no external connector.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |