Subject: Serial ports in generic kernel? SunOS binaries cause trap?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jari Kokko <jkokko@snakemail.hut.fi>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/10/1996 15:49:37
Are the serial ports configured into the generic kernel? I am running
GENERIC #32 from Feb 22 and can't seem to make ttyb work, not to mention
the corresponding cua1. (If I turn ttyb on in /etc/ttys, I can't log on
because getty is repeating too fast... Also i get device not configured
if I mknod a cua1 and try to kermit to it).

Also, I noticed that dhrystone reports something unusually low if compiled
with the gcc 2.4 that is in the dist... So I compiled one under SunOS
with 2.7.2, linked static and ran: got
	unexpected trap; vector offset 0x88 from 0x3888
but if I continue, it runs okay, reporting normal figures (about 9k).

Jari Kokko