Subject: Re: other sun questions...
To: None <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/04/1996 20:07:47
Nothing to do with MIT - CFS was done by Matt Blaze of ATT. As for the
personal use exemption - yes, it's useful in that I can load up CFS on
my laptop and go visit you -- but I specifically *can't* demonstrate
it to you, and would need to keep the laptop locked up when
unattended. (See Prof. Denning's post to comp.risks for details.)

To bring this back around, has anyone got performance numbers for CFS
on a 3/50? :-) For that matter, is there any "free space" in the
eeprom that could be safely used to store a key or two on a diskless
unit (making a somewhat more secure diskless X terminal possible,
among other things)?

   SUB: Re: other sun questions...
   SUM: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>->port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG

   On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Mark W. Eichin wrote:

   > Cryptographic File System [sorry US-only], both of which have trouble
   > with the newer name-mangling rpcgen found in some linux releases.)

    I recall there being a change in the laws that makes export of
   cryptographic software for personal use legal, but then I might be wrong.
   But then MIT might have their own policy on this.

   --
   'Good-bye and hello, as always'