Subject: CG6 and serial port support questions
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Kim <kykim@tenteus.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/04/1996 15:35:00
Hi,

I tried to find the answer to these questions in the archives, but just could'nt
find them.

I'm thinking of switching my sun3/60 from sunos 4.1.1 to NetBSD, but I have
two criteria that would make it worth my while.

1) Does NetBSD support the CG6 on sun 3/60's?  It appeared to me that it didn't.
Has this changed recently?

2) The serial ports have a top speed of 19200 baud.  My understanding was
that the hardware in the 3/60's could support 38400, but it was a function
of SunOS that limited the port to 19200.  (I recall you could set the serial port
speed in the boot prom manager, but that SunOS then proceeded to ignore this).
Am I completely off base or is this true?  If so, does NetBSD support this
higher serial port speed?

Thanks,
-kevin

---