Subject: Re: the sun saga continues....
To: Daniel Garcia <kender@hollyfeld.org>
From: Bill Bradford <mrbill@ionet.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/03/1996 18:46:22
At 06:42 PM 3/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Greets alls,
>I have succeeded, almost, in getting my Sun3/50 to boot.  It finds the
>bootparam server (thanks to whoever suggested bootparamd instead of bootpd -
>silly me to assume that the two were one and the same :), and loads the
>kernel.  However, it turns out I don't have an FPU in this machine, and I get
>a pid 3 killed: no floating point support error.  Is an FPU _required_?  Or
>is there another kernel i need to be using.
>Thanks!

Basically the best thing to do is find a 68881 and pop it in . . that's what I
did, but then my tape drive died during install. 8-(  so now it looks like I'm
destined to booting Xkernel off the Ultra Sparc here in the office . . anybody
got documentation about setting up Xkernel on a Solaris 2.5 machine to
boot a 3/50?  Everything I have seems to apply to a 4.1.x setup, and the
Linux documenatation ain't much help . . .

bill
Bill Bradford - mrbill@ionet.net - ircadmin@ionet.net
IONet UNIX Systems Administration