Subject: the sun saga continues....
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Garcia <kender@hollyfeld.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/03/1996 18:42:55
Greets alls,

I have succeeded, almost, in getting my Sun3/50 to boot.  It finds the
bootparam server (thanks to whoever suggested bootparamd instead of bootpd -
silly me to assume that the two were one and the same :), and loads the
kernel.  However, it turns out I don't have an FPU in this machine, and I get
a pid 3 killed: no floating point support error.  Is an FPU _required_?  Or
is there another kernel i need to be using.

Thanks!

  /Daniel Garcia/Soon to be PhD Student/Kender@hollyfeld.org /kender@esu.edu /
 /Linux  Hacker/C Programmer for Hire /#include <disclaimer>/The Answer's 42/|