Subject: Re: other sun questions...
To: Daniel Garcia <kender@hollyfeld.org>
From: Brian McCrary <bmccrary@tricon.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/03/1996 11:44:19
On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Daniel Garcia wrote:

>     Auto-boot in progress...
>     Using IP Address 204.130.199.3 = CC82C703
>     Boot: le(0,0,0)
>     Booting from tftp server at 204.130.199.1 = CC82C701
>     Downloaded 13312 bytes from tftp server.
>
>     >> NetBSD netboot [$Revision: 1.2 $]
>     Requesting Internet address for 8:0:20:0:A7:35
>     -
>
> Ok - it figures out who/what it is.  It somehow (not sure how, using
> RARP perhaps?) figures out that it's IP address is 204.130.199.3, and
> then, using tftp, pulls over the NetBSD netboot from my machine.  Whee,
> fun, cool.

I had the same problem when installing NetBSD on my Sun 3/60.  You need
to go to the directory /pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/install-11-p1 and get a copy
of the new netboot program (I think that's the one).  That will take care
of the Requesting Internet address problem.

> Now, according to the bootp daemon on bitsy, no requests of any kind have
> come in.  Is bootp under linux different from bootparamd?

Yes, you need to run the bootparamd program, and one is in the Xkernel
package.  If you can't find it, I can send one to you via e-mail or ftp.

Brian McCrary