Subject: Re: other sun questions...
To: None <petersv@df.lth.se>
From: Johnathan Vail <anvil@tapaboy.iii.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/03/1996 09:11:14
   Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 12:34:03 +0100 (MET)
   From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>

   On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Daniel Garcia wrote:

   > However, in NetBSD netboot, it then hangs on that Requesting Internet
   > address for.....

   > Now, according to the bootp daemon on bitsy, no requests of any kind have
   > come in.  Is bootp under linux different from bootparamd?

   Bootp and bootparam are two different protocols. You need to get or
   compile a bootparamd for linux. One is said to be included in the Xkernel
   kit for linux.

What is the Xkernal kit?  I have the Slackware CD set and I can't seem
to find bootparamd.  Any pointers where I can look for this on the
net?

jv

http://www.iii.net/users/anvil		anvil@tapaboy.iii.net