Subject: Re: WTB: Sun 3/60 or 3/80
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/27/1996 17:01:07
On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Mike Frisch wrote:

>         My apologies for posting this to the mailing list, but I am
> desparately searching for a Sun 3/60 (or 3/80) for use with NetBSD.

NetBSD will not run on a 3/80.

>         I am looking for a bare system (CPU + chassis + bwtwo frame buffer
> only) such that I can turn it into an X-term off my 4/110.

You might be able to use the SunOS Xkernel package on a 3/80.
Regardless, if you're looking for a B/W xterm, you can easily get
by with a 3/50. That's what I've been using for most of my work
for a couple of months now, and I'm very pleased with the speed.
I've never run out of memory, even when using Netscape (although
Netscape is rather slower than running on the console on my 486).

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.