Subject: Making Boot Tape for NetBSD
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kelly BAUMAN <Kelly.Bauman@ccmail.adp.wisc.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/27/1996 08:05:02
     This is my first attempt at setting up NetBSD, and I'm trying to set
     it up on a Sun 360.  I downloaded the files to create the boot tape,
     but I can't seen to make it work.  I get either an invalid file type
     or format, or more often, I get a tape I/O error.  I've tried to make
     the tape on a Sun 386i running SunOS 4.0.2, and on the Sun 360 running
     SunOS 4.0.3.  Does, anyone have any idea how I can make the boottape
     work, I'm using the script that came with the boot files, with slight
     modification to fit my system.

     Kelly R. Bauman
     UW-Madison
     Academic Services LAN Administration