Subject: zs dropping chars
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/26/1996 09:37:25
der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> writes:

  > Well.  I am quite pleased.  It seems that something in the last few
  > weeks' changes to the sun3 kernel has fixed the bug that made the zs
  > driver drop one character if output was in progress when the tty modes
  > were changed.

I am not so happy unfortunately. When I tried the new kernel bash
stopped working. Since this is my login shell, it is a bit unfortunate!

The bash I am running was compiled under SunOS and I have sorted out all the
SunOs shared library stuff. It works with the previous kernel.
Now I get "unexpected trap 0x88" and the system drops to the ddb
prompt. Is there some sort of optional compatability support which
has been left out? I guess now we have reasonable disk speeds, I could just
recompile the few old binaries I am still running.

Ian